Mobile Broadband Networks are undergoing a continuous transformation in terms of technology and architecture. As network capacity demand from 4G smartphones and tablets skyrockets, the radio access network is expected to be structured in multiple layers, with a small-cell layer to be developed at street level, eventually leading to very high network density.
Small-cell backhaul will consist of a large number of short (sub-km) links with stringent economics and operational requirements arising from the deployment at non-conventional (non-telco) environment. Consequently, an all-new approach to the wireless backhaul of small cells is required in order to enable cost-efficient and manageable networks.
StreetNode™ V60-PTP is a truly groundbreaking series of auto-aligning Ethernet radio products, which is specifically designed to meet the multiple challenges of small-cell backhaul. StreetNode™ 6250 PTP, member of the StreetNode™ V60-PTP series of V-Band products, is the millimeter-Wave version of the StreetNode platform that has already been introduced by Intracom Telecom. It operates in the 57 – 64 GHz area of the spectrum and with 250 MHz channelization it can offer an industry-leading capacity of up to 1.65 Gbit/s full duplex for 128-QAM modulation. Operation in V-Band eliminates the licensing burden in most countries, thus boosting the economic viability of the small-cell business model.
StreetNode™ V60-PTP series, inherits all the innovations, features and functionality of its sibling microwave version, while incorporating further enhancements, such as Automatic Interference Scanning. Its compact form factor includes an integrated auto-aligning antenna, while its special aesthetics allow blending nicely in the city environment. With flexible powering options (direct AC, direct DC and PoE), it ideally supports installations onto street-level structures. The unique mix of alignment-automation and “zero-touch” capabilities, through Bluetooth communication with a standard Android tablet, reduces rollout time and cost and safeguards against deployment errors.
With throughputs exceeding 1 Gbit/s and with full QoS and Ethernet packet synchronization functionality, StreetNode™ 6250 PTP satisfies even the most demanding 4G/4G+ backhaul requirements. Furthermore, it can be used in a multitude of other applications requiring Ethernet connectivity, such as building connectivity in campuses, fixed line access, security camera interconnection and ad hoc networks.
- Up to 1.65 Gbit/s full duplex capacity and complete set of packet synchronization options for future-proof 4G backhaul
- Comprehensive Ethernet bridge functionality, featuring three Gigabit Ethernet interfaces on the unit, which allow implementation of complex network topologies without the need for additional / external switching units
- Innovative antenna auto-alignment feature means that crews on both sides of the link are not required, enabling fast and cost-effective deployment
- Zero-touch’ configuration and service provisioning allow for ‘plug-and-play’ connection to the network in minutes while minimizing error potential
- Unique direct AC powering simplifies deployment at street locations or other non-telco locations where DC power is unavailable
- No licensing delays and initial / recurring licensing costs