In the process of adapting their mobile network capabilities to the exponentially-increasing capacity and service-type diversity, mobilenetwork operators are continuously upgrading their Radio Access Network (RAN) and core network infrastructure. The evolution of thecurrent distributed 2G / 3G /4G RAN architectures to the denser and Centralized (C-RAN) 4G+ / 5G architectures, will dramatically increase thebackhaul and fronthaul link capacity and density.
Wireless technologies, which offer unique deployment flexibility, speed and TCO benefits, have evolved to provide performance andfunctionality characteristics that satisfy the transport requirements of the mobile networks, now and in the future. E-Band radio technology,which can currently offer multi-Gigabit capacities with minimal hardware configuration (1+0), has already established itself as a wirelesstechnology that can already meet the needs of 4G+/5G wireless backhaul and fronthaul applications.
UltraLink™-GX80 is a next-generation, all-outdoor, E-Band (71-76 / 81-86 GHz) radio that is ideally suited for use in demanding transportapplications requiring fiber-like capacity and extended range. It offers both Ethernet and CPRI functionality on the same unit, so that it can beused both in backhaul and fronthaul applications.
Offering ultra-high capacity, low latency and support for all packet synchronization options, it fully satisfies the rigorous backhaul requirementsof 4G+ and future 5G mobile networks.
When operating in CPRI mode, UltraLink™-GX80 can support up to three CPRI traffic streams and provide operators the cost-efficient fronthaultransport needed to build and extend the reach of their C-RAN networks. UltraLink™-GX80’s small size and intelligent design allows it to beeasily and quickly deployed on rooftops or telecommunication towers, taking-up minimal space, and minimizing power consumption perGigabit. Furthermore, “zero-touch” configuration, through an integrated Bluetooth interface, minimizes its rollout time and safeguards againstdeployment errors.
- Versatile solution for macro-cell backhaul and C-RAN fronthaul, as well as, all types of transport applications in metro and aggregationnetworks as a fiber substitute.
- Throughput, QoS and packet synchronization capabilities that satisfy the demanding 4G/4G+/5G transport requirements.
- Up to 10 Gbit/s full-duplex capacity, with simple 1+0 configuration and zero footprint, all-outdoor design, minimize deployment TCO.
- Support of native transport of Ethernet or CPRI traffic in the same unit.
- Deployment in complex networking architectures without additional switching equipment.
- Operation in low-licensing cost spectrum